It’s possible that you’d like to store some crucial iPhone text messages and move them to your PC. Although your communications are saved in iCloud and iTunes backups, retrieving them from backup is a time-consuming process. Keeping text messages on your iPhone exposes you to the danger of losing them due to an iOS crash, unintentional deletion, or other reasons.
As a result, the best option to store iPhone text messages for recording or printing is to transfer them from iPhone to computer.
This article will show you how to transfer and preserve text messages from your iPhone to your computer using the 5 most effective methods.
1. iCloud allows you to transfer iPhone messages to your PC
iCloud backup allows you to transfer messages from your iPhone to your computer. Stellar Data Recovery for iPhone allows you to save essential iPhone texts to your PC or Mac. All iPhone models, including the latest iPhone 12, iPhone 11, and others, are compatible with the software.
How to transfer iCloud texts to a PC ?
- On your PC or Mac, install Stellar Data Recovery for iPhone.
- On the left pane, select the Recover from iCloud Backup option.
- Click Next after selecting Messages & Chats.
- To access the list of iCloud backup files, enter your Apple ID and password.
- Choose your iPhone’s most recent backup. Select Scan.
- On the left pane, select Messages. You can select, preview, or search for desired messages on the right.
- Save the file. Select Save Computer in the Save Files dialogue box, then browse to the location on your PC or Mac where you want to save the iPhone texts.
2. Using iTunes, you may transfer text messages from your iPhone to your PC
To export text messages to your computer, use iTunes backup. All of your iPhone data, including text messages, is saved to your computer via iTunes backup.
Messages restored through iTunes on a computer, on the other hand, will transfer all iPhone data. So, to avoid transferring superfluous data to your computer, utilise Stellar Data Recovery for iPhone. You can use the app to pick and save desired text messages to your PC or Mac. You may also restore text messages from encrypted iTunes backup files to your computer.
If you aren’t already backing up your iPhone with iTunes, these are the steps to do so:
- On your PC or Mac, download and install the most recent version of iTunes.
- Connect your iPhone to your PC via USB cable.
- Open iTunes and choose your iPhone from the drop-down menu.
- To begin the backup process, click Back Up Now. Close the window after the backup process has completed.
How to transfer/restore iPhone text messages to a computer using iTunes ?
- On your computer, download and run the Stellar Data Recovery for iPhone software.
- On the left pane, click Recover iTunes Backup.
- On the right pane, click Next after selecting Messages & Chats. The app does a scan of the machine and displays a list of iTunes backup files along with their creation dates.
- Choose the iTunes backup you wish to transfer text messages from.
- On the left pane, select Messages. On the right pane, you’ll find a list of all of your text messages. You can also search for, select, and preview messages.
- Select the messages you want to save and click Save. A dialogue box displays on the screen. To save the iPhone SMS messages, choose a location on your Windows or Mac computer.
3. Without using iTunes or iCloud, you can transfer text messages from your iPhone to your PC
In the absence of a backup, you can also transfer text messages from your iPhone to your PC. Stellar Data Recovery for iPhone allows you to save chosen texts directly from your iPhone to your PC.
To transfer texts from an iPhone to a PC, follow these steps:
- Connect your iPhone to your PC via USB cable.
- On your computer, open Stellar Data Recovery for iPhone.
- On the left, select Recover from iPhone.
- Select Messages & Chats from the drop-down menu. Next should be selected.
- Select Scan from your iPhone’s menu.
- On the left, click Messages. On your PC, preview and save the required iPhone messages.
4. Freely synchronize and save text from your iPhone to your Mac
This solution requires you to sync your iMessages app with your Mac. Syncing messages also allows you to view them on a Mac computer. You can then copy and save the text messages to your Mac.
Keep in mind, however, that message synchronisation is not the same as message transfer. Text messages are stored on your computer when you use software like Stellar Recovering Data for iPhone to transfer them. When synchronising, a message erased on the iPhone is also deleted on the Mac.
To synchronize messages from an iPhone to a Mac, follow these steps:
- On your Mac, open the Messages programme from the dock.
- Fill in your Apple ID and password from your iPhone.
- Select Messages > Preferences from the Apple menu.
- Go to the Accounts tab. Select your iMessage account from the drop-down menu.
- Select iCloud Messages > Sync Now > Enable Messages.
5. Using screenshots, you may transfer iPhone messages
Take screenshots of some short text messages that you want to transfer. These screenshots are saved to your iPhone as photographs. Eventually, you’ll be able to transfer these screenshots or text message photos to your Windows PC or Mac.
You can transfer iMessage screenshots from your iPhone to your computer for free via iCloud Photos, iCloud.com, or AirDrop. There are additional Windows software that can transfer iPhone images to a computer, such as AutoPlay and Photos App.