Are you looking for an ecommerce platform to help you build an online store and sell products?
In this Sellfy review, we will talk about how this eCommerce platform can give you to sell digital products with complete control over your marketing.
And the best part? Starting your own business can take just five minutes.
Let’s talk about the selfie platform and all the benefits it can bring to your business.
What is a selfie?
Selfie is an ecommerce solution that allows digital content creators, including writers, illustrators, designers, musicians and filmmakers, to sell their products online. Sellfy offers a customizable storefront where users can display their digital products and embed “Buy Now” buttons on their website or blog. Sellfy product pages enable users to display their products from different angles with multiple images and previews from SoundCloud, Vimeo and YouTube. Files up to 2GB can be uploaded on Sellfy, and the company offers unlimited bandwidth and secure file storage. Users can embed their entire store or individual project widgets into their site, with the ability to preview how the widget will look before it is displayed.
Sellfy is a powerful e-commerce platform that helps you personalize your online storefront. You can add your logo, change colors, improve navigation, and edit the layout of your store. Selfie also allows you to create a complete shopping cart so that customers can buy multiple items. And Sellfy gives you the ability to set your language or let customers see a translated version of your store based on their location.
Sellfy gives you the option to host your store directly on its platform, add a custom domain to your store and use it as an embedded storefront on your website. Sellfy also optimizes its store offerings for mobile devices, allowing for a seamless checkout experience.
Allows selfie creators to host all their products and sell all their digital products on one platform. Sellfy also does not impose a storage limit on your store but recommends that files not be larger than 5GB. Creators can sell both standard and subscription-based products in any file format supported by the online marketplace. Customers can purchase products immediately after purchase – there is no waiting period.
You can organize your store by creating your product categories, sorting by any feature you choose. Your title, description and image will be included on each product page. That way, customers can instantly evaluate all of your products. You can offer a variety of pricing options for all your products, including “pay what you want”, with the price entirely up to the customer. This option allows you to give customers control over the price of individual items (without minimum price) or set minimum prices – a good option if you are in a competitive market or when you have high-end products. You can offer set prices per product as well as free products to help increase the popularity of your store.
Selfie is ideal for selling digital content, such as ebooks. But it does not allow you to copyrighted content (which you do not have the rights to distribute).
Sellfy offers many ways to share your store, enabling you to promote your business on a variety of platforms. Sellfy lets you integrate it with your existing website using the “Buy Now” buttons, embed your entire storefront, or embed certain products so you can reach more people. Selfie also enables you to connect to your Facebook page and YouTube channel, maximizing your visibility.
Payments and security
Sellfy is a simple online platform that allows customers to purchase your products directly through your store. Selfie has two payment processing options: PayPal and Stripe. You’ll receive instant payments with both of these processors, and your customer data is protected by Sellfy’s secure (PCI-compliant) payment security measures. In addition to payment security, Selfie provides anti-fraud tools to help secure your products, including PDF stamping, unique download links, and limited download efforts.
Marketing and analytics tools
The Sellfy platform includes marketing and analytics tools to help you manage your online store. You can send email product updates and collect newsletter subscribers through the platform. With Sellfy, you can also offer discount codes and product upsells, as well as create and track Facebook and Twitter ads for your store. The software’s analytics dashboard will help you track your best-performing products, generated revenue, traffic channels, top locations, and overall store performance.
To expand the functionality and make your e-commerce store run more efficiently, Sellfy offers a number of integrations. Google Analytics and Webhooks, as well as integration with Patreon and Facebook Live Chat, are just a few of the options available. Sellfy allows you to connect with Zapier, which gives you access to hundreds of third-party applications, including tools like Mailchimp, Trello, Salesforce and more.
Cost and premium plan features
The free plan comes with:
- Up to 10 products
- Print-on-demand products
- Physical products
The starter plan comes with:
- Everything is free, plus:
- Unlimited products
- Digital products
- Subscription products
- Connect your domain
- 2,000 email credits
The business plan comes with:
- Everything in the starter, plus:
- Remove “Sellfy” branding
- Moving store design
- Abandon cart
- Product upselling
- 10,000 email credits
The premium plan comes with:
- Everything in business, plus:
- Product migration
- Priority support
- 50,000 email credits
Selfie Review: Pros and Cons
Selfie has its advantages and disadvantages, but fortunately, weighs more than its pros and cons.
- It only takes a few minutes to set up an online store and start selling products.
- You can sell your products on a single storefront, even if you sell multiple product types.
- Selfie supports the sale of a wide variety of products, including physical goods, digital goods, subscriptions and print-on-demand products.
- Selfie offers a free plan for people who want to test the features before committing to a paid plan.
- You are paid on the same day you sell. Selfie does not delay your funds like some other payment processors do.
- Print-on-demand services are available directly from your store, so you can sell merchandise to fans without setting up an integration.
- You can perform all store-related activities through the mobile app and all online stores have a mobile responsive design.
- Includes everything you need to build your website, including custom domain name hosting, the security of your files, and the ability to customize your store.
- File security features can help you secure your digital property by placing PDF stamps, setting download limits, and allowing SSL encryption.
- Selfie offers unlimited support.
- Sellfy offers easy and intuitive tax and VAT configuration settings.
- Marketing strategies include coupons, email marketing, upselling, tracking pixels and cart dropping.
- Although the free plan is helpful, it only limits you to 10 products.
- Payment plans often need to be upgraded if you exceed a certain sales amount each year.
- The storefront design is clean, but it’s not unique templates to create a completely different brand image.
- Selfie branding is removed from your hosted product when you upgrade to a $ 49 business plan per month.
- The free plan does not allow the sale of digital or subscription products.
In this article, we take a look at some of the biggest benefits associated with using selfies for ecommerce. Once you compare these benefits with other platforms like Shopify, you should know that Selfie is a good fit for your business. All your questions will be resolved after reading this article but if you still have some questions let me know in the comments section below, I will be happy to answer your questions.
Note: This article has affiliate links which means we pay a small commission if you purchase a selfie premium plan from our link.