YouTube Bars Right-Wing Media Personality Dan Bongino

YouTube said on Wednesday it had terminated accounts associated with popular right-wing radio and Fox News host Dan Bongino, almost two weeks after it suspended its channel for violating its Covid-19 misinformation policy.

Former New York City Police Officer and Secret Service Agent became Pt. Bongino is a vocal critic of the vaccine order. His post is constantly the most read on Facebook. According to social media analytics firm Social Blade, its main Dan Bongino channel had 882,000 subscribers on YouTube.

In a statement on Wednesday, YouTube said that a Mr. Bongino’s accounts were suspended for a week in January. 14 He later posted a video saying that the cloth and surgical mask were useless to stop the spread of covid – a false claim that violated the company’s false information policy.

Last Thursday, before the seven-day suspension had passed, another account associated with Mr. Bongino posted another video in which he reiterated his claim about the effectiveness of the mask. This again violates the False Information Policy and violates Google’s Terms of Service for attempting to prevent original suspension by posting content on a different channel.

After Mr. Bongino posted another video on Tuesday – while his second suspension was still active – that YouTube decided to permanently remove both of its channels in an attempt to skirt the company’s rules.

Google’s unit, YouTube, said in a statement: “We have terminated Dan Bongino’s channels for violating our Terms of Service by posting a video while active strikes and suspensions were associated with the account.” The company clarified that Mr. Bongino was not allowed to use, own or create any other YouTube channel.

Mr. Bongino did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

Last week, Mr. Bongino has posted a podcast episode titled “I’m Daring to Do YouTube.” On the show, he promised to post videos with his claims about the mask, and he dared the company to take action.

In a video on Rumble, the popular YouTube contestant in the right-wing audience, Mr. Bongino showed an email he claimed was sent to a YouTube official. In the email, he wrote that he knew it was just a matter of “time” until YouTube tried to “silence” him.

“I was looking forward to this moment,” he wrote. Mr. Bongino also said he was an investor in Rumble and has twice as many followers on YouTube. “I dare you to do something about it.”

Similar Posts

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.